District Governor Vineeta Nands visit and presentation this morning was a great opportunity for our newer members to SEE and HEAR about the bigger world of Rotary. Also, a time to reflect upon the enormous positive impact and reach Rotary Clubs and Rotarians make in our District and the world.
In our usual “Small and Mighty” RC style, President Edith led the meeting, ensuring an inclusive approach with RC of Highbrook members responsible for different aspects of the meeting agenda.
DG Vineeta began her presentation with an overview of our District and Zone which linked nicely into Regionalisation Pilot Project. The why for Regionalisation being to provide better and more direct support to clubs. Next was RI President Gordan McInally's key themes of:
· Peace (Peace is possible, one community at a time) and
· Mental Health and the continuation of key focus areas: Empowering Girls, Polio Plus, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
We then heard about Vineeta's District Goals:
· Giving to the Rotary Foundation, as "Our Charity of Choice" and
· Membership - Need to not just be a member of a Rotary club but to become a Rotarian.
Finally, she shared the upcoming District Conference draft programme:
· 5-7th April 2024 at the Sofitel Fiji beginning on the Friday with the traditional Golf-day for those interested, and opening Cocktails Friday evening. Saturday 6th will be a full day of Rotary concluding with a Gala Dinner. Sunday 7th we will get the chance to either sign up to view or be a part of some local projects. It was a great morning for all.